December 12, 2017
Vinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo Slider

Agendas, Staff Reports, and Summaries

Director's Hearings Planning Commission Board of Supervisors

About Planning & Natural Resources

The Planning and Natural Resources Department provides consolidated land use planning and community development programs for the County's residents. We are proud to fulfill a mission that fosters economic vitality, supports resource conservation, and serves the diverse needs of Kern County residents, including those with lower incomes, by improving their economic, environmental, and social quality of life.

Read More

Most Popular FAQ's

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Prev Next

What is a tract map?

A tract map is one of the processes used to subdivide real property into smaller lots. Typically, the tract ma...

What is a general plan?

California law requires that each county and city in the state develop and adopt a general plan.  The gen...

What is a conditional use permit (CUP)?

Certain uses of land or types of businesses specified in the Kern County Zoning Ordinance require a conditiona...


Public Services Building
2700 M Street, Suite 100
Bakersfield, CA 93301-2370

Phone: 661-862-8600
FAX: 661-862-8601
TTY Relay: 800-735-2929
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.